Tuesday 12 May 2009

New Pink Toy *Wink*

I am so pleased with my new Netbook, the Asus Eee PC (1000HA) fondly named 'Birdie'. Evidently Saffi likes it too cos she being a copycat also fancies pink things.

It is official. This new gadget is going to replace my good old Sony Vaio which remained a trusted work machine (obviously grey and silver in colour for that purpose) and the latter will be inherited by my 14yr old nephew.

Sniff. The memories.

Is it normal to feel sentimental over hardwares and appliances? As a kid I take my Sony walkman everywhere as if it was my life line. Once my brother and I had a tiff - ok, for he wouldn't let me watch my channel on the tellie, said something hurtful then completely ignored my feelings even after I had spilled my bag of popcorns (then I liked them sweet) - I stormed into the room, grabbed his AIWA walkman and smashed it on the ground. Mean, I know. I do regret and am still very sorry. But that got his attention.

I also develop feelings for mobile phones. My first, a hand-me-down from the above-mentioned distressed brother, was a very sleek black Ericsson. Alright, that having compared to the previous generation of water-bottle type Motorola. I use my phones for a long time and subsequent ones I kept nicely in their boxes, some still with original protective covers intact.

We all have said something memorable over our phones and have waited and stared at them, haven't we?

There are also sentimental feelings for rice cookers, televisions, etc. But I am digressing.

Here are some pictures to bring us back to the point:



3 comments:

Davester said...

Wah Saffi pao your birdie.. guess she wants to use it to check Catbook or whatever that cat website is.

whimmykimmy said...

You don't say. She's spending too much time on that social network stuff. Also where we tweet, she meows.

Mrs. Lee said...

i'm so glad u're back to blogging regularly! i love to read what u write! :)