Saturday 9 June 2007

New in Dubai

Here I shall present to you, in pictures as I describe the first 2 days in Dubai.

Day 1:


Me arriving in Dubai Airport, greeted by the Marhaba staff (part of the Emirates Group of course...) and driven to a counter where I meet an officer who will give me some documents and bring me to my apartment. I had no sleep on the flight here so I was very tired.


At the reception of my apartment - these two guards are very kind and friendly! See all my stuff... all 66.6kg of them. Nothing broken, all intact!


My room, which happens to be the largest of three. Each with attached bathroom!


The view from window at my head board. The big spacious sandy area is an outdoor carpark, the brown building is another block in my area, for crew. There are 7 blocks here altogether.


From the adjacent window, I can see the simulator aircraft in the aviation college, that's how near I am!


My building from the block as pictured above.


This is Air, from Bangkok. Met her at the airport in the morning, took her number and good thing we met. We went to Deira City Centre (I heard this is where all newbies go).


City Centre. Huge mall but oh, they're all gigantic here. In here there's Carrefour and many other good retail shops: H&M, Zara and Zara Home, Topshop, among others. And there's Krispy Kreme!



So tired, no mood for shopping. Waited bloody 2 hr+ for the damned taxi to take us back, apparently it's normal at this mall on a weekend. I'll figure out the timings eventually.

Day 2:


I was invited to Air's apartment at Al Hathboor, about 6 minutes taxi drive away, where we had home-cooked Thai dinner prepared by her neighbour! Lucky me.

No comments: