Friday 15 June 2007

Blue Bar Blue

Thursday nights here are like Friday nights for most of you. So last night, despite struggling to keep our eyes opened, we were determined to go out and have a couple of drinks. I discovered a jazz bar named Blue Bar at Trade Centre Novotel that has a live band playing every Thursday and Friday nights. The band called Olivier Collete is brilliant, churning upbeat electronic-mixed-acoustic renditions of some great ol' jazz tunes. Crowd was fab too, you get the arty musicians type, good lookers (hey eye candies are nice), the tourists, the business types who stay at the hotel, and of course, first-timers like us... This is our first night out in Dubai!

It would be perfect time and place to order a cosmopolitan. Everyone's from everywhere. One or two Arab men were spotted in the bar with cigarettes and beer in hand. Irony huh.

Later that night when I wanted to take pictures of all six of us I realised my camera's broken (so is my heart). The Canon display screen went bonkers, casting a bright white light with evidence of cracked, broken pixels disaster. I could've dropped my bag earlier. Such a shame.

No matter, with the coming Dubai Summer Surprises (macham Great Singapore Sale that'll last ten weeks) starting on 21st June, I am so going to get myself a new camera. I would love to still own a Canon but anyone with recommendations please advice! I want something slim, pretty, with good usability and quality. No need 12 megapix, I'll appreciate big display screens and more optical zoom anytime.

3 comments:

verywanderful said...

I still insist on Canon Ixus anytime!

Anonymous said...

i am feeling the excitement (and some serious sleeping issues) here! u r looking so cool in ur uniform! (who wud haf guessed tt right? haha!) update more more more!

got new job now, no work yet.. so your posts will realli keep me entertained. haha!

take good care! - kelly

Anonymous said...

updates,updates...
heee... just a faithful blog reader who happened to hop by your blog and got hooked! =)

have lotsa fun with ur flights and training!

yen.