Saturday 9 June 2007

Day 1 Induction at Training College

It's first day. Bus pick-up at 7am. Here I am waiting for it, sleep deprived:

This day we would be introduced to the two Ab-initios this week. Yes, 2 classes every week. I am the only Singaporean. Apart from Air the Thai girl, we have a handful of Canadians, Australians, Japanese, Lebanese, Maltese, Phillipinos, etc. We also met with our trainers for SEP (Safety & Emergency Procedures), Security, Service and last but not least our Cabin Crew Manager.

Here we are on our way to the Uniform store and back.

It IS hot here in Dubai, and it's just the start of summer. Temperature at around 38-40 degrees in the day. As you can see we are all aquinting and baking when outdoor.

We did our uniforms fitting, my 3 skirts and 1 pants were to be altered. I was told to NOT lose anymore weight - that's right, they think I'm skinny haha. Got the red hat, shoes, scarves, etc. We are to turn up at college on day 4 in full uniform for grooming lesson.



Later that evening curiosity got the better of me and I decided to walk down the corridor of my apartment to try and find out if anyone knows or hear of my housemates. I have not met them since arrival. I need to know why that place is a mess. So I knocked on a door as I heard voices. 2 Lebanese guys at the door, surprised that I introduced myself as the new neighbour, and they invited me to dinner after seeing my kitchen and taken pity on me. They're both senior crew with the company, and I received many great tips and encouragement from them two. Best of all, I had yummy Labanese food.

No comments: