Thursday 31 January 2008

When I'm Upset I Pick up the Kitchen Knife

It's been a frustrating morning that crept into the afternoon, having to deal with HR paperwork and rostering issues with the company that hires me. It is frustrating to get things done here. I suspect no one comes to Dubai to work. No one works. They just refer and redirect phone numbers.

So in an attempt to ease my mood and feed my soul, I cooked. Since I don't get to go back this CNY for Reunion Dinner - because it is in the sinister nature of the crew scheduling people to stick a Beijing flight for me on the 8th so that I can't rid of it because I'm a required language speaker - I prepare a nasty, sinful, gooey pot of Pork Belly Stew with mushrooms. At this very moment the whole apartment smells delicious. I am in touch with my Chinese roots, yes!

1 comment:

cat_aunty said...

*hugz* know how you feel....me also CNY leave not approved......