Wednesday 2 January 2008

Fallen into 2008

Happy New Year everyone!

New Year's eve began with us girls (the boys - Rich is on the long-awaited Melbourne/Auckland trip; David had a turnaround and went for the bus at midnight what a shame) having coffee and cakes, followed by a quick shopping at the Carrefour, then to MMI, the toxic paradise of Dubai. Herein lies the magic potions of many kinds, at prices so affordable, anyone with an alcohol licence could afford to be drunk.



Some of you may already know that I had too much to drink at a house party we gate-crashed into, got my feet extremely dirty, attempted to wash them clean in my bath tub at 1 am, and fell out of it standing one-legged. I must've hit the side of the tub before hitting my head on the bathroom floor. Nasty, I know. Loud thud, I heard.

With my feet almost entirely clean I went to bed and woke up the next morning with a sore side. My concerned friends drove me to the EK Clinic and I was attended by a really kind doctor (unlike the uncaring one I saw the last time - that's for another story another time). Doctor performed a thorough check of my head, neck, spine and joints and confirmed that it's almost miraculous I have just a muscle sprain and am fit to fly to Zurich today. Yeepee. I was prescribed painkillers, muscle rub and a peace of mind.

My head started to hurt a little too but I guess it's just a superficial sore. I guess for what the fall could otherwise result in, I am lucky afterall. A careless fall, or a lucky drop?

Tip: don't enter the tub when you're drunk.

No comments: