Tuesday 15 January 2008

First Flight of the Year

Zurich in Switzerland. I used to think it's in Germany. People there speak German (I was told by a Swiss passenger it's got its own version of German), French or Italian. It is one of the world's richest country and you can feel it there.



I would've gone out had it not been so cold and me so tired - yeah from the New Year fall and the alcohol binge. To the old town, the picturesque city as seen on TV. Instead I took the hotel shuttle to the Airport where I had breakfast and did some grocery shopping. Rosti, sausages, pasta, chocolates, etc.

Back in the hotel I hung out at the crew lounge for a bit and later had salad, fruits and bread in my room. Swiss bread deserves special mention. It is yummy (!) on its own. "So good you can eat it own its own" is NOT Gardenia.

Zurich would be a Designer's place. The airport is one of its kind, no tacky stickers and wall paints. The shuttle train that takes you from one part of the airport to the other is clean, egonomically designed and in that short journey it plays sounds of nature and farm animals in brilliant surround sound quality. Everything is in order. Perfect logos (I love the Swiss flag), appropriate typefaces, really neat signages and posters even the charts that tell you train schedules. Afterall we all love Helvetica.

Well, I will go out next time I'm in Zurich.

1 comment:

verywanderful said...

hey i found a new way to eat sausages. that is squeeze it out of the skin and kinda of roll it up like a ball, there you have meat balls.