Friday 14 December 2007

Happy Birthday, Saffi


To celebrate Saffi's birthday today I have put up a 30-picture album complete with captions.


Above: The first time we met.

Dear Saffi

You turn 4 today and you deserve a poem
From across the seas for all to admire
Let me make yummy virtual cakes
May you have the sweetest dreams in between takes

(And so it is...)
You came to my life when things look tired
And left that snobbish Garfield who resembles a lion
A tad skinny and way too quiet
You purred and greeted like a grand live-wire

You liked my bag and lay down on it
As if to say "if I could fit take me with it"
And you came along in a cab
To have everyone fall in love with a brand new cat

Your quiet blue eyes they speak to me
A kitty who stares and not afraid to be
I learned so much from your demeanor
For I was new to you as you were to me

Dear Saffi

You turn 4 today and you deserve the best
For time after time you've given no less
I am a convert smittened by you
A perfect company when I was confused

You're big now no bad weather scares you
But you can nudge me like you used to
Then snuggle close and warm
In our bed shelter till the sky is new

It's your day and a shame I'm not there
But I swear to every star how much I care
I wish to hear your loveliest voice now that you share
And sing a song for you though you'd not care!

Of all found and lost I love you most
You're a gift to me, my biggest prize
Be a good girl so 'Stepmom,' can boast
Of such precious light you cast in my life

4 comments:

Davester said...

yay happy birthday saffi! still chow min as ever.

verywanderful said...

Heehee me the step-mom is here!

Well because it her birthday she is allowed to drink from my cup, play inside the wardrobe. I spent about 2 hours re-potting the chili plant and planting new periwinkles, Saffi allowed to go out and walk up n down the staircase. Plucked some grass from the car park she seem delighted eating them, chew chew like a little labbit.


Anyway opened your birthday gift for her this morning, making sure Oscar does not snatch from her. She took a few bites,and lick up all the soup. Bowl now with food without soup.

Strangely the boys not touch her present. Oscar doesn't know how to eat but he tries to cover the bowl with newspaper. Elliot walks past, he also didn't eat, his own food bowl also not touch.

Rain is here again, all of them sleeping in their little corner.

gurmit singh said...

Happy Birthday Saffi

Reluctant and Recluse said...

Hi... lovely poem, and i see the adventures continue... don't know if you are a better photog or a wordsmith, but certainly interesting attributes... next time in China try to crawfish, yummy.