Thursday 30 August 2007

Work Got Me Back in Singapore

Happy to have swapped one of my two Shanghai trips this month for a Singapore 48hr layover despite the exhausting flight hours via Colombo et al. But it's all worth it when the lush greenery greets me upon arrival. It's been 2 and a half months since leaving for Dubai and this is my first trip home.

I felt more welcomed when the aroma of hawker food strikes me. Without hesitation I ordered for an array of delights to eat at now Wendy's apartment, Royalville. I have been looking forward to seeing my cat, my friends and family and it's great to see everyone in good shape (only Elliot's out of it heh).

At the end of a fantastic layover the crew had to do a Jakarta turn then 24hr in Colombo. I was already feeling sleep deprived and unwell. This is not an easy feat and I found solace in Sri Lanka's... pineapple. They're lovely. Next time must tapaw.

Am definitely looking forward to return to Singapore as often as I can. Good thing there are over twenty flights to SG every week. Next time I'll try the Australian route though. Photos here.

No comments: