Saturday 18 April 2009

Of Birds and Tom Yum

Not too long ago I discovered a good Thai restaurant at Alexandra Village. It's one of the shophouses facing Queensway Shopping Centre. Despite its humble appearance the food there is worth going back for. Better for small groups or family as the portion can be large, plus you will tend to order a variety.



I'd love to order every item on the menu. Of those we had, the Kang Kong is surprisingly fragrant; the stuffed Chicken Wings were impressive and with every bite you taste the minced chicken, water chestnut and corn (imagine the labour behind each boneless wing). We also had the seafood Tom Yum Goong which is a generous portion though I think it's been adjusted to suit Singaporeans... certainly not as spicy and sour as those I had in Thailand but it's good nonetheless. The fried fish looks better than it taste - not bad, but I'll try the steam fish next time.

Joe's Kitchen is at Blk 123 Bukit Merah Lane, #01-182, Singapore 150125. Yes, Joe is the Thai owner.

On the way to the restaurant from the carpark I took this photo:

1 comment:

gurmit singh said...

The cat pix is hilarious