Wednesday 8 April 2009

Mini Muffins

I just felt like making muffins. Plain ol' muffins. They were minis because I only have mini cupcakes baking tray and paper liners. Then I browsed the internet and got inspired/distracted so things got a bit more complicated:

First there was the apple cinnamon variety, then came the idea of putting buttery crumbs on top so it's like apple crumble muffins. 'Pink Lady' apples peeled and chopped, and Wendy (who's also my taster) let me use some of her freshly grounded cinnamon powder.



The second lot, I made chocolate almond version. Many almonds, not enough chocolates. Damn those Hersheys chips that went way past its expiry, I had to manually smash and break half a bar to get chocolate chunks but still not enough!

In a desperate attempt to make the third variety more chocolatey, I added extra cocoa powder to the remaining mixture and used them as toppings. They were dark so I sprinkled some instant oats to make them look cute.

These were made with 100% organic wholemeal flour for a healthier option and they should fill you up better. I'm a fan of wholemeal so the taste was fine for me. But I think they don't rise as well? Will try a mix to find out. Also, minis are tricky so I'll make large ones next time. The apple cinnamon lot turned out to be most popular.

No comments: