Monday 5 May 2008

I Heart Japan



Japan never disappoints. There's always something good. So good you wish you stay longer and have more Yen. Japan can be bizarre or peaceful and zen; dirty in ways but mostly clean; fantastic food whether or not you deal with a vending machine; and needless to elaborate, the good, GOOD shopping.

It's been years since I last visited Japan in Tokyo. I wanted very much to return ever since but sadly it's not as easy said than done. This time I went to Nagoya, on a work flight. Layover's only 28hrs but oh man, enough Yen spent and food consumed.

I left Nagoya with bags full of made-in-Japan products, an O-Mamori (protection charm) from Osu Kannon Temple, tummy full of Katsu Kare, Ramen, Gyudon, Tako-Yaki and green tea.

Photos are here. Thanks to Karen for taking many pictures of me.... and my new Forever Friends brollie from flatmate!

1 comment:

Davester said...

must try onigiri!