Monday 7 April 2008

One Day in Brazil

The crew flew 14 hours from Dubai to stay in Sao Paulo for no more than 30 hours. A shame, but then we got there for free and then some shopping money. So I don't complain.

The hotel is fantastic, rooms are beautiful. Location-wise, not exactly in town area instead a new business district. Outside I see highways and contemporary architecture. My Brazilian colleagues had earlier warned me not to go out alone at night, a bad turn and one might just end up in a slum. Brazil is like that, they say.

Weather was great the next morning - skies clear from rain, breezy in the sun light. As per concierge recommendation we went to Emporio Moema for breakfast. Moema, a district where we can find the famous Havaianas flip-flop store and other shops amidst upper-class residential buildings. Spent the whole morning idling in the area, in between making tough decisions over slippers and bikinis.




I would love to have visited Liberdade, the district of Japanese community, largest outside of Japan! I want to go to the markets, the majestic museums, run in the park, binge on churasco, sit at a cafe listen to bossa but they all seem quite unachievable within a short span of time.

From the little I see, the capital of Brazil is a beautiful place with beautiful people. Many interesting stuff you can find in the media, great advertising, lovely sounds. I had a fantasy of speaking Portuguese and living there.

More photos here.

No comments: